Saturday, November 12, 2011

Help: teething four top middle teeth, separation anxiety, waking every 1-2 hours at night!?

My nine-month girl who has always slept through the night since she was one month has been waking several times a night. It was getting better after her first top tooth broke through, but now three more are coming through right after. Now she is waking several times a night, sitting up in her crib sobbing, half-asleep. Sometimes giving her a pacifier helps her go right back to sleep, sometimes not. Baby orajel doesn't work. Baby Tylenol doesn't help. I can't really keep a teething ring in her mouth while she sleeps. She has one of those fish tanks and seahorses for snuggling (to help with separation issues). I'm not sure which problem is causing her to be so upset or how to fix it. She'll sleep better if I snuggle with her on the daybed in her room (she wakes but is easier to get back to sleep if I can respond right away), but I don't want to get her into that habit when she has always slept in her crib by herself so well. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment